- 225g butter
- 345g caster sugar (1 1/2 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 400g flour (2 3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls caster sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C (170 fan).
- Line baking sheets with baking paper
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, and eggs. When smooth, add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- Mix the 2 Tbls caster sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Take a pinch of dough and roll it in your hand. The roll should be 25mm in diameter. If the dough is too soft, put it in the refrigerator to harden.
- Roll the dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place balls on baking sheet 3cm apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookies should be brown but still soft.
- Move to a rack to cool.